Last Updated: 15 January 2021
HeroCoders (“We”, “Us”, the “Company”, or “ HeroCoders ”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want to tell You (“you”, “your” or “end-user”) how we use and protect your personal information or data (“Personal Data”). This includes informing You of your rights regarding your Personal Data that we hold.
This Policy sets out how we may use, process and store your Personal Data. We may get that information from You or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements You have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from You with your permission and consent, or we may receive your Personal Data from third parties who You have given consent to pass this information on to us.
By using, downloading, or visiting any of the Company’s Services, You are accepting and consenting to the practices outlined in this Policy.
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Who is HeroCoders?
This is HeroCoders’ registered address and contact information:
HeroCoders sp. z o.o.
Notice to End Users
Many of our Services are intended for use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for controlling the access. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization’s policies.
Administrators are able to:
- restrict your access to the Services and therefore restrict your ability to edit, modify or delete your Personal Data; and
- access, modify and remove the information about you.
Even if the Services are not currently administered or made available to you by an organization, if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access the Services, then the owner of the domain associated with your email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and your use of the Services at a later date.
If you do not want an administrator to be able to assert control over your account and your use of the Services, please use your personal email address to register for or access the Services.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect information from You because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information You Give Us
You may give us information about You with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail;
- By contacting us via e-mail or some other medium to request service or support (e.g., Jira Service Desk);
- Applying for a job at HeroCoders.
- Installing and using our Apps.
When you contact us via e-mail or for service through the Jira Service Desk, we will collect your name, your email address, and any other information you choose to provide. This other information you choose to provide may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when You order products or services from us, or when You are taking a job at HeroCoders.
Information We Collect About You
If You visit our Website, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information;
- IP addresses;
- Information about what type of device You use to connect to our Website or Services; and
- The manner in which You interact with our Services.
Personally identifiable information (PII)
We do not transfer or store PII data on our servers. Issue Checklist reads user display name from Jira and shows on an issue page if “user mention” feature is used.
Information received from the Atlassian Marketplace
As part of Our products and Services, We have access to the contact information (e.g., your name, phone number, e-mail address, any physical address) and license information (e.g., number of licenses, term of the license, etc.) You provide when You subscribe to a license for any of Our Services or when You renew maintenance for Our Services on the Atlassian Marketplace. We do not have any access to customer data from the Atlassian Marketplace beyond this.
Why Does HeroCoders Collect Your Data?
HeroCoders may collect your data for some or all of the following reasons:
- To allow us to enhance and personalize your experience and the usability of the Services;
- To provide support services (including technical support) to You after You have requested or purchased such services;
- To send You information and updates pertaining to our Services if You have consented to receive such communications;
- To send You occasional company news, updates, related products and Services, promotions, special offers or service information pertaining to our products and Services if You have consented or requested to receive such communications. You may choose to opt-out of certain e-mail communication at any time by utilizing the “unsubscribe” feature in the e-mail message;
- To provide information about Services You have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if You are already an existing HeroCoders customer;
- For any other specific purpose for which you have specifically provided consent;
- To employ You or consider You for employment; or
- To provide Services to You under contract.
What Legal Basis Does HeroCoders Have For Processing Your Personal Data?
HeroCoders may process your information because:
- We have a contract with You;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- We must provide products or Services to You after You have purchased something from us;
- We must provide Services to You because You have requested such Services; and/or
- It is necessary in order to comply with the law.
Who Might HeroCoders Share Your Information With?
HeroCoders will share the information we have collected about You (including Your Personal Data) only if we are required to do so by law, or if:
- you insert certain information into our Services (such as when you create a checklist item). In that case, the date and time on and at which you created, modified, or completed a checklist item will be shared only within the various portions of our Services. This includes sharing the end-user’s Public Display Name under which a checklist item was created or inserted;
- a third party acquires HeroCoders or substantially all of its assets, Personal Data held by HeroCoders about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company;
- HeroCoders must comply with any legal obligation; or
- it is necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of HeroCoders, our customers or others.
How Long Do We Store Your Data
We store data for varying lengths of time depending on the circumstances:
- Information You share on the Services. (e.g., checklist item text and end-user’s Atlassian account ID, which does not constitute a Personal Data, under which a checklist item was created, added, unchecked or inserted) is stored until the end- user, who modified or created the text (or any other authorized user), deletes that text and all related information.
- If Your account is deactivated, terminated, or disabled, all data and content You have provided or that has been provided on or through your account will remain active and accessible for as long as necessary to allow Your team members or other users to make full use of the Services.
- After uninstalling the App, We store data for ninety (90) days to make sure it is there if you want to renew subscription and start using the Service again. If you want us to remove the data earlier, please follow the procedure provided below.
Data Stored In Our Apps
Our downloaded Apps store all information in the Atlassian Jira server product where they are installed. All data is located in your IT system (server or data center) that hosts the Atlassian Jira server product.
No information stored on the installation IT system is made available to Us when You download, install, or use the Apps. The Apps do not transmit data from your IT system or from the end-user’s web browser to us or to any third-party.
Data About You We Store or Transfer
In the case of SaaS/Cloud Apps, We primarily store and process the data or information you provide in the United States of America, it being understood that we do not store any of your Personal Data. Furthermore, in the case of SaaS/Cloud Apps, your Personal Data will never be transferred, out of the host application (Jira) and browser, to us or to any other third-party.
However, in the case of downloadable Apps, the information will be stored on Your systems and servers, wherever Your systems and servers are located.
What If You Chose Not To Give Us Your Personal Data?
If the Personal Data is necessary in order to supply products or services to You under a contract between You and HeroCoders, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if You do not give us Your Personal Data.
HeroCoders will respect your legal rights to your data.
As a processor of Personal Data, we will assist our customers and end users with responding to individual rights requests that they receive under the GDPR. In many cases, customers may be able to address these types of requests by logging into the applicable product and using settings available within such product or your account. Where this is not possible, please contact us to request assistance with any such individual rights requests.
Below are the Legal rights that You have under law, and what HeroCoders does to protect those rights:
The right to be informed
The right to access
You have the right to access your information. Our Services give you the ability to access and update or delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access Jira issue and checklist items stored for that issue and then update or remove checklist items that hold Your information. In certain cases, you may need to contact the administrator of your account or your company’s account. Please contact HeroCoders at firstname.lastname@example.org if have any questions or You wish to access the Personal Data HeroCoders holds about you.
The right to rectification
If the information HeroCoders holds about You is inaccurate or not complete, You have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact Us at email@example.com if You need us to rectify your information.
The right to erasure
This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If You want HeroCoders to erase all your Personal Data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask HeroCoders to restrict how we process your data. This means We are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If You want Us to restrict processing of your data, please contact Us at email@example.com.
The right to object
You have the right to object to HeroCoders processing your data even if it is based on Our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purpose of statistics. If You wish to object please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to withdraw consent
If You have given Us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and HeroCoders must stop processing your data. If You want to withdraw your consent, please contact Us at email@example.com.
The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to complain to the competent Data Protection Authority if You feel that HeroCoders has not responded to your requests to solve a problem.
Data provided through Jira Service Desk are securely stored on our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance herocoders.atlassian.net hosted and maintained by Atlassian.
All other data is stored on servers with restricted access and only HeroCoders’ authorized users have access to such data, to the extent required for the performance of their job duties. All staff with access to customer data are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and complete security and privacy awareness training. In addition, We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data. Data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We will not ask You for your passwords.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
Enabling and Disabling Cookies
View your browser’s help pages or information on how to manage cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, the Website or Services may contain links to and from other websites, advertisers, and affiliates. If You follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before You submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Data Processing Agreement
HeroCoders is a processor of EU Personal Data. Therefore we enter into a Data Processing Agreement with all EU customers who need to meet GDPR requirements. The Data Processing Agreement is available upon request and if You want to obtain a copy please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
This is HeroCoders’ Data Protection Officer contact information:
HeroCoders sp. z o.o.
HeroCoders may change this Policy from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to You in writing. We advise You to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.